Enjoy free golf on top quality courses at our partner clubs.
All full and 5 Day* members can play any of the following courses free of charge, as often as they like. All are high quality members’ clubs with very individual characteristics, and are well worth a visit. Click the links to visit the websites.
Members are required to prove their membership at the reciprocal club – a suitably worded letter may be obtained from the office, once booking arrangements have been made. Please go to the Members’ Area for full details of how to book.
*5 Day members may play other courses under this scheme only during weekdays
Reciprocal Golf Rules
1. No green fee will be charged, unless applied by the home club. In that case, parity will be applied.
2. Arrangements for reciprocal golf may be made not more than 4 weeks in advance
3. This arrangement applies only to adult male and female members with a current CONGU handicap and only available in accordance with their membership category. Thus, 5 day members may not take advantage of the scheme at weekends.
4. Reciprocal golf is NOT available to members of the Flexible Membership Scheme.
Members of Market Harborough Golf Club must:
5. Phone the host club secretary or Pro Shop, at least 24 hours in advance, to ascertain availability. Each club may place its own restrictions on the tee; early morning tees are unlikely to be available, or morning tees at weekends (*see Willesley Park GC and Northampton GC below)
6. Confirm what the club’s requirements are for introduction (letter, email or Member’s Bar Card). Failure to produce appropriate introduction will mean you will be denied courtesy.
7. If a confirmation letter is required please email MHGC office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name of the club you are visiting, the date, the time and the names and handicaps of your group. MHGC office will then email the club and copy you in, to confirm that the confirmation document has been sent.
8. Always respect and obey local club rules and dress code.
9. Additional conditions for Willesley Park GC
a) A £10 green fee will apply
b) Available only on weekdays
c) Restricted to 4 rounds per Calendar year per player
d) These restrictions also apply to WPGC members visiting MHGC
Additional conditions for Northampton GC
a) Available only on weekdays – also applies to NGC members visiting MHGC
Additional conditions for Maxstoke Park GC
a) Available weekdays April – September only – also applies to MPGC members visiting MHGC
Junior Golfers Reciprocal Arrangements:
Juniors who request access to reciprocal golf must take actions to ensure that they are safe at all times – not only on the golf course but also when travelling to another course. To this end It will be necessary for most of them to be accompanied by a responsible golfer. That said, there will be juniors of 17, 18 and 19 who are able to travel and play without an adult and this must be fully discussed with the other club during the booking process. Please note that our juniors are not allowed reciprocal golf at Peterborough Milton nor theirs at MHGC.
Visitors to Market Harborough
10. Will be allowed to play during quiet times (generally 10.30 onwards) and after 2.00pm at weekends, subject to availability
11. Must have phoned in advance to check availability of the tee
12. Will not be afforded courtesy unless pre-booked and must bring either a letter of introduction or a current Members’ card from the home club
13. No more than 8 players on any one day will be accepted (i.e., two tee times)
14. Are respectfully required to adhere to our dress code and rules, which may be reviewed on our website.
To save any possible misunderstanding the availability of tee times and dates to use the Reciprocal Golf Arrangements described above, together with the number of players allowed to use this facility on any one occasion will be the sole discretion of the host club and their decision will be final.