MHGC Taster Membership Scheme
offers a category of membership for golfers who are new to the club and wish to take their first steps towards full membership.
There is no joining fee.
For an annual subscription of £350 members get 350 playing credits which can be used to purchase 9 or 18 holes of golf throughout the year, including weekend mornings and afternoons. The number of credits each game costs depends on the time and day of the week (See pricing schedule below).
It gives players many of the benefits of being a full member including:
- Access to the clubhouse, professional services and golfing facilities
- The opportunity to gain and maintain an official WHS handicap
- Access to some friendly competitions
There are of course, as you would expect, some restrictions compared with Full Membership:
- Taster membership is only available to new members, that is those individuals that have not previously been playing members of MHGC.
- Subscriptions are paid annually in advance and membership will begin upon payment of the required fees. Points’ allocation cannot be carried over to the following subscription year. Current rates and points’ matrix are displayed on the Club’s website and below.
- Members of the Scheme are members of the Club with full access rights and privileges subject to restrictions set out in paragraphs 4-10 below.
- Members will have the same Membership bag-tag sticker as those on the Flexible Membership scheme which MUST be visible at all times while on the course.
- Members MUST book a tee time prior to play. This can be done online, via the Club Website or in the Pro Shop. In each case the appropriate points’ deduction will be made from your points’ bank. Failure to book a round prior to play will be a contravention of the club’s by-laws and as such could result in membership being cancelled.
- Scheme membership entitles you to purchase 350 points for £350 which can be used to redeem 9 or 18 holes of golf. Once the points’ allocation is used up membership of MHGC ceases until a new Flexible or Full membership is purchased.
- Members of the scheme may represent the Club in inter-club matches, and enter all competitions. Entry is subject to satisfying WHS handicap requirements.
- Members of the scheme may not take advantage of Reciprocal Golf arrangements with our partner clubs.
- Members may introduce guests at members’ guest rates within these restrictions.
- All members of MHGC are allocated a membership card which gives 15% discount on all Bar and Catering and 10% off merchandise in the Professional Shop. As such an additional £75 will be invoiced and credited to your card.
- All golfers are required to affiliate to England Golf and the Leicestershire and Rutland Golf Union. Affiliation Men £18.00, Ladies £17.50
- Membership of the Scheme does not confer any voting rights.
- Members of the Scheme may convert to Flexible or Full Membership status at any time subject to paying the appropriate balancing subscription.
- The pricing bands and points’ matrix are below
For Winter 2020 rates click
For Summer 2021 rates click
If you are interested or would just like a chat,
please contact Terrie our Pro Shop Manager on email@example.com or 01858 463684 (option 2).